Diary of a FOTF Addict - September 2018 - Saving $ on FOTF
The racing season is well and truly upon us, and like most of you, every other weekend I seem to be heading to the track to see friends, support local communites, have a punt and of course my favourite thing to do is to get dressed up with my friends, chat about how we came up with these looks and to support one another.
In two weeks I am heading to FOTF at Toodyay in the gorgeous wheatbelt of Western Australia. For the first time I'll be bringing my eldest Daughter (miss 3) who has been begging me for about six months to come to FOTF. So of course I've not just been planning my outfit but hers too. IT IS SO MUCH FUN dressing kids up for the races. And its also why I ended up bringing in our Kids range into Best Dressed Accessories as its 1. very hard to find childrens FOTF appropriate accessories and 2. What is out there is SOOOOOO expensive.
My outfit has changed so much over the last few months. And without giving too much away the power of changing accessories is huge when wearing a pre loved outfit. I'm watching my budget at the moment and have been trying to workout how can I revamp what I have rather than buying new off the rack or getting something made. However, we are two weeks out and I think I finally know what I'll be wearing and I'm so excited to share my hobby with my 3 year old Daughter. Who knows if she will in the end want to get on stage but as a mother it is such a joy indulge and include her. But things are tight. So in planning for my upcoming race date I have done the following things to keep prices to a minimum.
1. I am rewearing a awesome outfit
2. ok look one item of clothing is new but the other is reworn hehehe
3. I'm rewearing millinery and luckily my amazing Milliner Holly Barker is going to change some things in this piece so its been refreshed and the makes me feel like i've made an effort in the millinery department.
4. I'm wearing a bag I've also previously warn and I cannot stress this enough if you buy race appropriate accessories they not only impress the judges but can get a lot of wear meaning you save $$$ in the long run. I swear I use my classic race day ring bag each time I head out (see final pic).
5. In terms of hair and makeup nothing beats having it done professionally but if you can why not use one of our hair extension buns? They look amazing, are comfy (no head full of bobby pins thanks) and so easy to use - you can put them on yourself. And if you are good why not DIY fake tan? or see if your local tanning lady will give a group discount if a few of your track friends have a tanning session together.
6. Raid your friends wardrobes for any or everything!!!
7. Head to Millinery and Racewear Australia's facebook page there are always amazing bargains to be snapped up!
8. Consider renting millinery, I have some amazing items that I rent out and so does www.millinerymarket.com
9. Go through your wardrobe a few times before buying something. Do you really need another pair of black strappy heels or can you wear what you already have? ok buy the damn shoes!!!
10. Getting to and fro the track, share taxi's with friends, car pool .. train it in for Melbourne cup!
Thanks for reading ladies.
Have a great night and if you are coming to Toodyay on the 23rd be sure to come and say hi xoxox